|Job Title:||Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 7, 2019|
Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Bonus & Benefits
Astute are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the team at a new Energy from Waste Plant which can treat up to 190,000 tonnes of waste per year. Using Gasification Technology, this site is accepting and treating waste and involves three separate processes (MBT, MRF and ATT).
This person will be responsible for the day to day management and running of the maintenance department, ensuring maximum production with minimal downtime.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all maintenance and engineering activities across the Mechanical Biological Treatment Plant, Material Recovery Facility and Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant.
- Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians.
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation.
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers.
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors.
- Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices.
- Identify areas of plant improvement / optimisation and make recommendations based on findings and liaise with technology providers to provide solutions.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Qualified to a HNC/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, or Control & Instrumentation.
- Supervisory/management experience in a maintenance/engineering role on a power station or large process plant. This could be energy from waste, biomass, CCGT, CHP plant, steel works, refinery etc.
- Ideally you will have extensive experience in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems, rotating plant and boilers.
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Ideally experienced in managing budgets
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive salary for the sector.
- A discretionary bonus.
- A contributory pension.
- Additional benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.