Maintenance Manager - New EFW Power Station
|Job Title:||Maintenance Manager - New EFW Power Station|
|Salary:||car, bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2017 15:35|
Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + car/car allowance + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting the Maintenance Manager to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Maintenance Manager will form part of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for managing all aspects of maintenance associated with plant equipment to ensure minimal breakdowns and maximise plant availability.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the General Manager, typical duties of the Maintenance Manager will include:
- The management and day to day running of the maintenance department comprising of mechanical, electrical and instrument technicians
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing PPM requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with site engineers and technicians
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the maintenance department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, principal client and the environmental agency
- Working with the General Manager and Operations Manager in the recruitment of the O&M Teams
- Deputising for the General Manager and Operations Manager when required
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Supervisory or management experience in a Maintenance/Engineering role on a power station. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, coal or biomass
- An engineering qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline, ideally mechanical
- Strong knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A company car or car allowance - details TBC
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Safety Systems Engineer - EFW Power Station
£54000 - £55900 per annum + benefits
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £36720.00 per annum + pension, OT
EC&I Engineer - Biomass Power Station