Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 15:37|
Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Bonus & Benefits
Astute are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the team at a new build Energy from Waste Plant which can treat up to 110,000 tonnes of waste per year. This plant uses the latest technology to safely and efficiently divert waste from landfill and to produce power for the National Grid.
This person will be responsible for the day to day management and running of the maintenance department, ensuring maximum production with minimal downtime.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The management and day to day running of the maintenance department comprising of mechanical, electrical and instrument technicians.
- Taking an active part in the commissioning of the plant, including writing policies / procedures, setting up the CMMS and initiating 3rd party contracts for consumables, spares, parts and maintenance requirements.
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing PPM requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation.
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with site engineers and technicians.
- Overseeing 3rdparty contractors.
- Preparing the annual budget for the maintenance department for review and work within this budget.
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, principal client and the environmental agency.
- Deputising for the Facility Manager and Operations Manager when required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Qualified to a HNC/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, or Control & Instrumentation
- Supervisory/management experience in a maintenance/engineering role on a power station or large process plant. This could be energy from waste, biomass, CCGT, CHP plant, steel works, refinery etc.
- Ideally you will have extensive experience in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems and legislation (PSSR), rotating plant and steam boilers
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Ideally experienced in managing budgets
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary for the sector
- A discretionary bonus
- A contributory pension
- Additional benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
E&I Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Up to £60000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
Operations & Maintenance Assistant - Energy from Waste
Carluke, South Lanarkshire
Compliance Engineer - Energy from Waste
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Project Engineer - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
Shift Team Leader - Brand new Energy from Waste Power Plant
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + benefits