|Job Title:||Maintenance Engineer - Days|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||November 1, 2018|
Job Title - Maintenance Engineer (Days)
Location - Essex
Salary - £40,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our client on their Waste Processing Facility over in Basildon.
Our client is an International Recycling and Resource Management company, operating over 200 specialist treatment plants worldwide. Their new plant in Basildon is a fully operational Mechanical Biological Treatment facility processing residential waste from Essex.
The position will see you working within the plant Maintenance team, where you will be responsible for the planned and reactive mechanical maintenance on the processing plant, adhering to strict health and safety procedures at all times.
- To attend and address equipment breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative Maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with zero unplanned down time.
- Conduct safety compliance inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure that programmed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirement.
- Working to health and safety, environmental other standards as they apply to the process.
- Maintaining standard operating procedures as required.
- Effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance.
- Adhere to safe working practice and procedures including and not limited to lockout, tag out, confined space and working at heights etc.
- Operate a variety of equipment including loaders, forklifts, high lifts, cranes, cherry pickers.
The Ideal Candidate
Working as part of the Maintenance team past knowledge on a MBT / Recycling / Material Processing / FMCG / Industrial Plant etc. would be advantageous. The plant consists of specialist equipment including conveyors, compactors, shredders, trommels, optical sorting equipment, Eddy current separators, motors, gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic kit.
Therefore prior knowledge working on this type of equipment would be most helpful.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate formal training ideally at Engineering Apprenticeship level (or equivalent time served experience). Candidates qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 or recognised engineering qualifications would be preferred.
This is a rota based role. Please only apply if this is suitable.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at firstname.lastname@example.org, apply online or call 02392222965.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.