|Job Title:||Maintenance Engineer - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 1, 2018|
Maintenance Engineer - Combined Heat & Power
Competitive Salary + Benefits
As Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the reactive and preventative maintenance of a CHP which imports steam from a neighbouring site. This site utilises a 14.5MW condensing Steam Turbine to provide Heat & Power through a District Heating Scheme for the City of Nottingham.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the General Manager as Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day maintenance activities on site and ensure all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, in line with Safe Systems of Work and Site Safety Rules and current legislation
- Planning and coordinating all maintenance activities covering reactive, preventative and emergency works.
- Work alongside the Operations Engineer and team to conduct routine inspections and surveys to investigate any issues which may affect availability and performance.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to rectify issues highlighted during the day to day operation of the plant
- Assume responsibly for the Plant Maintenance Budget, ensuring performance is monitored against budget reports
- Develop, implement and maintain an accurate record for Spares, Manuals, Drawings and Design Records along with maintain the plants Maintenance Management System.
- Deputise for the Energy from Waste General Manager as and when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HND/ ONC / HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Prior steam powered electricity generation experience
- Experience in managing budgets, procurement and maintenance of a CMMS (such as SAP or Maximo)
- Knowledge of PSSR and relevant legislation such as Safe Systems of Work, Safety Rules, Permit for Work systems
- At least two years in a supervisory role in a Power Generation related role (ideally Steam)
- NEBOSH or IOSH or relevant Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work with one of the UK's largest Waste Management Companies
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.