M&E Design Team Co-ordinator
|Job Title:||M&E Design Team Co-ordinator|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Samir Belazka|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2016 11:57|
M&E Design Team Co-ordinator
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer/ M & E Design Team Co-Ordinator to work within the water sector. You will co-ordinate the workload of leading the mechanical design aspects on specific projects within water treatment and wastewater.
The Design Co-ordinator role will be central to the successful transition between Design and M&E/external contractors.
You will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinate the workload being undertaken by the M&E Design team
- Ensuring continuous project team communication i.e. delivering design as a team including Civils designer, contractor and supply chain - best fit
- Support the Design Project Manager with the preparation of design fee proposals and scheme programmes
- Support the Delivery Programme Manager with the response to RFIs and the review of detailed design deliverables as provided by the relevant M&E contractor
- Ensuring that the recommended solutions are sustainable and best value in terms of whole life costs
- The review and approval of mechanical design calculations and drawings as specified within the quality management system of an external consultant
- To scope and in some cases undertake, all surveys as necessary, involving third party contractors as appropriate (e.g. topographic surveys, pump tests, condition surveys)
- M&E equipment specification and in some instances, selection
- The preparation and approvals of outline and detailed design drawings (specifically Site Layouts, P&ID, SLD, Process Flow Diagram, Hazardous Areas)
- Ensure consideration of constructability issues
- Personally act as lead mechanical engineer, undertaking the outline and in some instances, the detailed design and construction support of specific projects
- Lead/input into the preparation of the Options/Outline Stage and Detailed Design Proposals Reports
- Prepare/input and in some instances, present the IMT/Board papers
- Make a timely response to technical queries and requests for information from stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Prepare or oversee tenders for equipment and undertake tender appraisal
- Perform all duties (or ensure they are undertaken) incumbent on the designer under the CDM Regulations, including Hazard Identification and elimination / reduction.
- Present designs to stakeholders with sufficient skill to ensure approval of what may be controversial issues
- Liaise between different parties internally and externally to ensure design proceeds in an agreed direction with the necessary buy-in.
- Ensure design proceeds in line with budgetary and programme constraints and that the project management team are aware of state of progress in these regards.
- Act as mentor to the more junior members of the team and instill a can-do culture within the team to support cost-effective delivery and personal development
- Compliance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
The candidate will:
- B Eng (Hons)
- Hold or working towards Profession qualification status
- Experience of undertaking the feasibility, outline and detailed design of electrical, automation and control, as well as a understanding and capability in mechanical design to compliment your skills
- It is essential that you will have both the technical capability and substantial professional experience of working within a commercial and D&C environment.
- Have strong IT and communication skills
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's