Loading Shovel Driver/Operator
|Job Title:||Loading Shovel Driver/Operator|
|Salary:||£30000 - £31000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2017 14:29|
Loading Shovel Driver - Waste - Min £11ph - Sutton Courtenay
Astute Technical Recruitment are recruiting for Loading Shovel Driver for one of our most prestigious clients within the waste management industry.
Previous experience would be advantageous along with previous waste/recycling knowledge. Tractor and Dumper experience preferred but not essential at this time.
Applicants would have trained and passed the following licence:
Loading Shovel (963 Tracked)
Shifts: Monday - Friday 06:45 - 17:15, (52.5 hr week) 30min paid lunch with Sat & Sun working alternative weeks (1.5 x Sat and 2 x Sun pay) 06:45 - 14:00
KPI quarterly up to 12% salary
The plant operator will be required to operate mobile plant to aid in the acceptance and placement of waste inputs form customers. This must be achieved in a timely fashion whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety. They must maximize void utilization; maintain all site equipment in line with FCC Procedures and Best Practice whilst achieving a consistently high level of customer service.
The working day is 06:45 until 17:15, Monday - Friday. There may be additional Saturday and Sunday which may to be from 06:45 - 14:00.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
* Operation of Site in Compliance with all requirements, operating to all legislative requirements e.g.
- Health and Safety Law
* To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
* Ensure that all actions maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, colleagues and customers
* Help to maintain high level of housekeeping on site including canteen/mess and locker rooms
* To operate site plant in order to deal effectively with any road borne waste
* To ensure that waste is covered at the end of the shift in order to comply with the requirements of the Environment Agency and the site's permit.
* Maintaining Company Property and Equipment so that it is fit for Purpose. To ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures.
* To report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
* Reporting of incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
* Promote Culture of Excellent Customer Service
* Ability to identify non conforming waste
Qualifications and Experience (preferred)
* Have qualification in the operation of heavy plant such as;
- Tracked Loading Shovel
- Articulated Dumper
* To have worked on a waste acceptance site
* Some understanding of landfill operations
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task
- Work under known initiative
- Good people skills
Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
To apply for this position please call Roxanne @ ASTUTE on 02392 222 965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's