Lift Supervisors - Offshore
|Job Title:||Lift Supervisors - Offshore|
|Salary:||£325.00 - £326 per day + £325 + per day all in|
|Start Date:||1st September 2019|
|Contact Name:||Paula McLaughlin|
|Job Published:||August 27, 2019 10:20|
Lift Supervisors - Offshore
£325 + per day all in
Contract: 10 days minimum work, possible up to 20 depending on workload
We have an urgent requirement for 2 Lift Supervisors to work offshore in Aberdeen for a fast-growing company within the Renewable Energy Sector, starting 1st September for 10-20 days depending on workload.
There is a large dynamically positioned vessel (loading out in Aberdeen) to go to each position and lift the generators off the wind turbine transition piece and position them on the vessel.
Once all 65 are on the vessel she will return to port and discharge them (Portland, UK).
- Utilise your skills as a Lifting Supervisor to co-ordinate and supervise all lifting activities in accordance with the Lifting Plan.
- Brief all lifting team members (i.e., crane operators, riggers and signalmen) on the Lifting Plan, risk control measure and safe lifting procedure before the commencement of any lifting operation.
- Ensure that only registered Crane Operators, Appointed Riggers and Appointed Signalmen participate in any lifting operation involving the use of mobile and tower cranes.
- Call on your experience as a Lifting Supervisor to ensure that the ground conditions are safe for any lifting operation to be performed by mobile cranes.
- Present during all lifting operations and if unsafe conditions are reported take suitable measures to rectify the conditions so that the lifting operation can be conducted safely.
- Review safety task assessment cards from personnel and provide pre safety task assignment.
Provide safe work observations (SWO) and ensure that employees are fully trained in the required PPE for assigned tasks.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Be an accomplished Lifting Supervisor with experience offshore wind farms
- Hold relevant certification to undertake mechanical work.
- You must hold a CPCS A61 Appointed Persons Certificate.
- You should be able to demonstrative safety leadership and excellent team-building and motivational skills.
- Ideally you will have a valid or relevant document and be able to follow safety rules as assigned by the Company.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel.
Please apply if you think you are right for this role please call Paula McLaughlin - ASTUTE Technical
02393 912368 - Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Lifting Supervisor and are able to commit to working for 10 - 20 days from the 1st September 2019 without taking any holiday.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's