LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k
|Job Title:||LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k|
|Salary:||£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2018 09:44|
JOB TITLE LGV Technician / Mechanic
LOCATION L eicester
SALARY From £33k to £35k plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician / Mechanic with an LGV background to join our client's Leicester based Workshop.
Our client is a nationwide leader in the Waste Management sector, providing a comprehensive range of collection, treatment, recycling and energy management services throughout the UK. As an LGV/HGV Technician you will be part of the team maintaining our fleet of modern waste collection LGV/HGV vehicles in our workshop.
The workshop runs a two-shift system, from 6am to 3pm the first week, then 2pm to 11pm, alternating weekly.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician with a background in LGV maintenance to join our clients' fleet team, based in Leicester. You will be required to maintain and repair a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment in accordance to company standards. This will include undertaking diagnosis of vehicles and equipment faults & carrying out major component overhauls.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Undertake inspections/servicing/repairs to Company vehicles and equipment to Company standards and procedures.
- Repair and maintenance of hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems. Fault diagnosis and rectification of defects including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
- Complete all Company documentation related to service/repair reporting.
- Use and operate workshop facilities and equipment safely and in accordance with Company and Legal requirements.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle/equipment on which he is working, and the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- Time served LGV/Mechanic, qualified to level 3.
- Diagnostic skills
- Major component overhaul skills
- Specialist skills (e.g. welding, electric's) would be advantageous
There is an excellent salary and benefits package for the right candidate. For further information please feel free to contact Chris Jones on email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West Bromwich, West Midlands
£20.00 - £25.00 per hour
Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire
Up to £37000.00 per annum
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £42000.00 per annum
North London, London
North London, London