LGV / HGV Technician - Oxfordshire
|Job Title:||LGV / HGV Technician - Oxfordshire|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||October 27, 2017 10:40|
JOB TITLE HGV / LGV Workshop Technician
LOCATION South Oxfordshire
SALARY Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of integrated waste management and environmental solutions providing a total waste management service for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste. They are family driven business with a strong reputation for their quality driven focus.
This is a permanent role, to be based Oxfordshire in one of their busy workshops.
Our client is looking to recruit an HGV / LGV - Technician / Mechanic to be part of their team providing a high quality, reliable and cost effective vehicle maintenance service. You will be carrying out repairs, inspections and MOT's on a varied fleet of vehicles to a high standard in accordance with manufacturers and legislative guidelines.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Carry out vehicle inspections, repairs, including manufacturer warranty repairs and services in a timely manner and against agreed deadlines in accordance with supplier and Ministry standards.
- Prepare and submit LGV vehicles for annual MOT inspections.
- Undertake fault diagnosis, repair and report mechanical defects on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company's Health & Safety procedures and regulations at all times.
- Compliance with Safe Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Risk Assessments.
- Provide a high level of support and guidance to apprentice technicians.
- Provide roadside assistance where safe to do so to broken down vehicles.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures including health and safety and employment.
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- City & Guilds HGV parts 1, 2, & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent, with suitable and relevant vehicle knowledge and experience.
- Ideally hold a current LGV licence Class 2
- Good understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics with strong practical and fitting skills on mechanical and technical equipment (desirable but can offer training where required on specialist kit).
- Good problem solving skills
There is an excellent Salary and Benefits package one offer for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 288214 and speak with Chris Jones direct.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£30 - £35 per hour
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
West Sussex, England
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Shift Electrical Technician - Heavy Industrial Plant
Crawley, West Sussex
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
£30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum