|Job Title:||Lead Software Engineer - C&I|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Shinn|
|Job Published:||July 6, 2018|
Lead Software Engineer - C&I
Up to £50,000 + benefits incl. bonus & car
Permanent, Full Time
Northampton - Travel to site required.
Our client, a leading company working within the power generation sector, currently require a Lead Software Engineer to join their Controls & Instrumentation (C&I) team. You'll be responsible across all aspects of software, controls and instrumentation of their asset portfolio, which will involve leading and supporting the delivery of multiple projects for development, commissioning and maintenance.
As a Lead Software Engineer (C&I), you will be responsible for:
- Software development and modifications for PLC control systems (such as Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley) and HMIs (such as Wonderware, Intouch etc.).
- Project managing the installation, commissioning and upgrading of software, controls and instrumentation.
- Servicing, fault finding and repairing control & instrumentation (C&I) systems such as PLC & SCADA systems, sensors (flow, pressure, temperature etc.), control panels and other associated plant.
- Identifying and reviewing opportunities to improve efficiency and for cost reductions.
- Providing regular reports and updates on performance, programmes, issues and actions.
- Other duties as required.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to hold a software engineering qualification (ideally at degree or HND level) and have proven experience in a similar Software Engineer role. You'll also need to possess a background working in a relevant field such as the power generation / renewable energy / process plant sectors, with a strong knowledge of PLC & SCADA control systems, along with experience in specifying & setting up instrumentation.
You'll be based from the offices in the Northampton area, although regular travel to sites across the UK will be required so it's essential that you hold a full driving licence.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a senior level role for a leading power generation company! They're offering a competitive salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience, plus an excellent benefits package which includes a bonus (up to 25%), company car, good pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday.
If you'd like to apply for this Lead Software Engineer (C&I) position, then please send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.