Lead Mechanical Engineer - District Heating + Power Gen
|Job Title:||Lead Mechanical Engineer - District Heating + Power Gen|
|Salary:||£34756 per annum + Pension + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2016 11:58|
Lead Mechanical Engineer - District Heating & Power Generation
Salary up to £34,000 + Benefits
Astute are working exclusively with one of the UK's longest established District Heating companies, based in Nottingham supplying approximately 4,700 homes with Heating and Power with Steam sourced from a nearby Waste Incinerator.
We are recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join the maintenance team, responsible for the supervision of staff and management of projects and outage work.
Typical duties of a Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Management of outages and projects, involving contractor supervision, budget management and resource allocation
- Ensuring staff adhere to Health & Safety legislation, following Safe Systems of Work and the Permit to Work system
- Carrying out and co-ordinating planned and reactive maintenance work and responding to call out when required
- Resource Management; ensuring stay with control and budget and works are completed on time
- Allocation of work schedules based on work orders through a CMMS
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the sites CMMS.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A recognised engineering qualification at HNC level (or equivalent) or above
- At least three years' experience of Power Generation from a large Coal/Gas Fired Power Station. Large scale Biomass/EfW/Gasification/Heavy Process (Refinery/Petrochemical) will also be considered
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical equipment including Rotating Machinery, Steam Turbines, Pipework & Valves
- Knowledge of Pressure Systems Safety Regulations and QA Packs
- Experience working to a PPM Schedule and entering work logs on a CMMS System
This is a full time permanent role with a salary up to £34,756 on offer along with Company Pension and Benefits. This would suit a Mechanical Technician from a Power Generation site or Heavy Process Plant like Steelworks or Refinery.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 288 286 or send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Engineer - CHP Power Station
Combustion Engineer - District Energy
Coventry, West Midlands
£32000.00 - £34000.00 per annum + Pension and Overtime
C&I Engineer - Power Generation
£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, medical, pension
Electrical Engineer - Combined Heat and Power
Up to £38000.00 per annum + Pension and Overtime
Electrical Engineer - Power Station (EFW)
£52000 - £56000 per annum + bonus, pension