Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Water Infrastructure
|Job Title:||Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Water Infrastructure|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£48000 per annum + car/car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2017 17:44|
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer x 2 - Water Infrastructure
Up to £48,000 plus benefits
Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering Team with a Lead Mechanical Engineer working on a Joint Venture framework. This project is to maintain and improve the Water supply and Wastewater Treatment works throughout Kent and East Sussex.
The projects include the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants which include pumping stations and sea outfalls. The projects range in value from £250k up to £20m covering both Heavy Civil Engineering and M&E activities. You will be providing quality Engineering Design services to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering contracts. You will be required to co-ordinate the design and produce Mechanical documents and drawings, taking into account H&S requirements, specifications and contractual standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Design Lead your duties will include:
- Produce cost effective mechanical design layouts which meet the specification of being able to be purchases, installed and commission effectively.
- Ensure cost effectiveness by considering design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design may have on other disciplines.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is procured on time and to budget.
- Ensure standard practices are used wherever possible.
- Monitor the design costs.
- Produce monthly report and estimates/feedback for the Proposals department.
- Maintain documents throughout the contract.
- Reduce waste to improve efficiency on all activities.
- Ensure the design takes into account environmental issues and H&S requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for the role, we are looking for:
- Principles of Water/Waste Water experience including Sewage Treatment
- Previous design experience of Water/Sewage Treatment Plants
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to produce plant layouts
- Understanding of technical proposals
Package and Benefits
- A starting salary up to £48,000
- A company car or car allowance
- A company pension
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send a CV to Steve Utton at email@example.com call into the office on 02392 288 215.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Civil Clean Water Engineer
£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
Electrical Clean Water Engineer
Henfield, West Sussex
£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
Clean Water Project Manager
£30.00 per hour
Account Manager - Waste Water / Biogas
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
£35000 - £40000 per annum + car
Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager