Lead Maintenance Engineer - East London - £40k
|Job Title:||Lead Maintenance Engineer - East London - £40k|
|Salary:||£96 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2019 17:57|
Job Title - Lead Maintenance Engineer
Location - East London/Essex
Salary - £40,000
Our client is one of the leading Waste Management and Resource specialists within Europe and as such are seeking an experienced Lead Maintenance Engineer to join the existing teams on their Dagenham Plastics Recycling Facility.
As Lead Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the Plastics Recycling Facility is operating at maximum production capacity by minimising down time and ensuring completion of the site PPM plans. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will manage the work flow across all shifts, allocating work for weekend shutdowns and managing the onsite Technicians.
As Lead Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Creating, implementing and driving an onsite PPM plan to minimise disruptions to the manufacturing and recycling processes.
- Work on a variety of plant and apparatus including Conveyors, baling equipment, Low Voltage equipment, motors, gearbox, mechanical drives, material handling equipment, plant auxiliaries, hydraulics, pneumatic, mechanical and optical, magnetic and Eddy current separation technology etc.
- Manage on site contractors and labour, raising required permits, risk assessments and necessary inductions.
- Identify opportunities for maximising the sites manufacturing out put with new technologies
- Work, lead and mentor the onsite team in delivering responding to reactive, predictive and PPM issues.
- Take ownership of all the departments associated paperwork as well as the planning, installation, testing, operation and Heath and Safety matters.
- Liaise with the facilities manager and assist the Site Engineer to maintain efficient and effective plant operations.
As the Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate you will have previous experience in process engineering within manufacturing, waste, production or food industry. You will be City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 in mechanical and electrical maintenance, or a recognised formal apprenticeship.
Proven experience of working at a high level and fully conversant with material handling equipment, preferably within the recycling environment. You will have experience in process manufacturing, production industry or food manufacturing facility.
Team management is essential and the ability to demonstrate an analytical approach to investigation, allied with a practical ability to resolving engineering problems.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392222965.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maintenance Engineer - Nights - Essex
£42000 - £46000 per annum
Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire
Up to £37000.00 per annum
Senior Technician - Waste Management - London
Up to £24700.00 per annum
Plant Engineer - Days - Essex
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Plant Engineer - Nights - Essex
£42000 - £46000 per annum