Lead Hydraulic Modeler
|Job Title:||Lead Hydraulic Modeler|
|Salary:||£32000 - £48000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 15:47|
Lead Hydraulics Modeller
Up to £48,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Hydraulics Modeller to join one of the largest water utilities businesses in the South East. Joining their Hydraulic Modelling Team, you will be responsible for leading in the assessment and management of water supply mains using strategic models to determine the impact of change. This will focus on short-term incidents as well as long-term planning.
Working as the Lead Hydraulics Modeller, your duties will include:
- Leading a team of in-house Hydraulic Modellers within the Asset Management team across both large Water Treatment systems and mains operations.
- Strategic studies to determine the short- and long-term impact of change on mains operations and potential reinforcement requirements.
- Discussions with operational staff to confirm current network configuration.
- Site visits to determine functionality tests and make suitable recommendations for reinforcement or service requirements.
- Use in-house InfoWorks software and models to arrange and determine flow and pressure and to carry out tests where necessary.
- Use strategic modelling to assist with asset management and support investigations.
- Giving modelling support to other departments including Engineering, Water Quality, Operations, Risk and Leakage.
- Carry out extensive model rebuild/ refurbishments using GIS, Scopex, Aquanet and pressure logging software.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have good knowledge and understanding of the hydraulics of a distribution system and the ability to use modelling systems for strategic asset planning. Candidates will ideally be qualified to HND level or equivalent and will have demonstrable experience working with InfoworksWS or another similar software package.
A background working in the Water Industry would be advantageous and due to the nature of the role, a UK driving licence is essential.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £47,000
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.