|Job Title:||Lead Electrician|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2017 14:37|
Supervise, lead and coordinate Electricians on the job, ensuring all work is completed to safety standards. Check quality and safety of work, all electricians are fully productive, job runs to agreed scope of work.
Always work to add value to the project, consider costs of materials, components, labour and logistics. Seek and use alternatives while still maintaining the standard and quality, service of work to our customers.
Follow company values in how you work and liaise with all within the Axon Team which are Fairness, Integrity, Trust, Openness, Loyalty, Honesty, Listening and Respectful
- Organise and supervise electricians and apprentices on site, control and schedule work
- Report to Project Manager (PM) on progress of work through weekly site report.
- Liaise with PM on any issues of concern e.g. project queries, cable sizes, timeframes, employees
- Be hands on, on electrical installation and supervision of other electricians
- Liaise with customer, on any issues raised on site including variations
- Report all variations back to Project Manager
- Plan commissioning and liaising with PM as to when Commissioning Engineer is required on site, ensure installation is ready and all functional tests are complete in advance of testing.
- Plan testing and liaise with PM as to when as when Inspection Tester is required on site
- Complete Inspection and Testing when required
- Know the cost of materials, components and amount required for the job in hand. Work to reduce costs without impacting on quality and standard of work.
- Manage transportation of men to site and work through travel arrangements, advise on site team holidays, time off to PM
- Ensure everyone takes responsibility for tools and plant, checking of the same and reporting back to PM if any problems
- Completely monthly iAuditor reports of vans and equipment. Report any defects of any nature to PM.
- Work with clients in a professional and courteous manner
- At the end of the job/project, leave work complete with no reason to return
- Any other duties commensurate with this role
Health and Safety
- Read and understand risk assessments and method statements and communicate to all within team, including those new to the team or anyone who is working on site for or on behalf of Axon. Inform PM of any feedback on RAMS
- Complete and undertake Tool box talks
- Complete Weekly site safety checks on iAuditor reports
- If harnesses are used on site - check weekly and ensure all are checked by user prior to use
- Report all accidents and near misses to Project Manager and complete follow up reports
- Ensure there is a First Aider on site at all times
- As above complete weekly reports
- Complete accurate time sheets, noting any anomalies - delegate to individual electricians when you are off site
- Check off site deliveries, ensure delivery dockets are returned to stores for checking, send as picture by email
- When required to complete site Inspection and Testing ensure details are correct and all tests are carried out. Including mains supply characteristics.
- Ensure Electricians complete motor mains commissioning sheet and they check it matches with what is on site
- Complete mains detail sheet .
- Supervise all on site, communicate and liaise with PM any employee issues that may arise e.g. attendance, punctuality, capability.
- Ensure all work together harmoniously, respecting each other and as part of team
- In conjunction with PM review Panel builder's performance, output, quality of work and target setting
- Provide positive feedback to team on jobs completed safely, error free and on time.
- Mentor and support those who are new to the role and keep communication open at all times.
- Be aware of your leave arrangements, liaise with your team and PM so your leave does not coincide with others.
- Take care and maintain uniform provided
- Be willing to learn and develop within role up to and including capability to inspect and test
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.