Lead Electrical Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Electrical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 09:26|
Lead Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Electrical Engineer to work at a large 735MW gas fired power station near Rochester in Kent.
Using CCGT technology the plant consists of 2 gas turbines a steam turbine, HRSG boilers, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors and much more.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for managing the engineering activities associated with all electrical equipment ranging from transformers, switch gear, High Voltage / Low Voltage equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as the Lead Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The maintenance and installation work on a range of electrical equipment across the site. This includes motors, switchgear, power supplies, cranes, pumping gear etc.
- Leading a team of electrical technicians and apprentices in the supervision of electrical maintenance and installation work
- Managing on site contractors and site projects as and when required
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health & Safety policies and current legislation
- Implementing maintenance techniques and best practices
- Managing the sites electrical budget
- Delivering effective outage and shutdown strategy to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant engineering qualification at ideally HNC level or higher. Qualifications below this level will be considered coupled with extensive relevant industry experience.
- Extensive technical expertise relating to HV and EHV
- At least 5 years of experience gained in a heavy process industry ideally power generation but candidates from refineries, steel works or the marine industry will be considered
- Marine Engineers such as Merchant/RFA/Royal Navy would be ideal
- Proven leadership experience as you would be leading teams of engineers, technicians, etc
- Planning, management and delivery of outages
Salary & Package
- What's on offer for this role:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Additional benefits including share plans and a generous holiday allowance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 214 and ask to speak to Becki Saunders who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Engineer - CHP
West End, London
Up to £40000.00 per annum + Benefits
Senior Electrical Engineer
Up to £55000.00 per annum
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Generation
Central Belt, Scotland
Electrical Engineer - Engineering Consultancy (Power Sector)
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £42000.00 per annum + car allowance + benefits
Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste