Lead C&I Technician - CHP
|Job Title:||Lead C&I Technician - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2018 11:21|
Lead Control & Instrument Technician- CHP
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are working exclusively with one of the UK's longest established District Heating companies, based in Nottingham supplying approximately 4,700 homes with Heating and Power with Steam sourced from a nearby Waste Incinerator.
We are recruiting for a Lead Control & Instrument Technician to join the maintenance team, responsible for daily maintenance activities, supervision of staff and management of projects and outage work.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager typical duties of a Lead Control & Instrument Technician will be responsible for:
- Carry out maintenance and fault finding activities on a variety of Control & Instrumentation equipment including flow, pressure, temperature equipment in addition to SCADA / PLC systems
- Planning, scheduling and overseeing site outages
- Manage sub-contractors on site
- Maintenance and manage the sites CMMS system
- Ensuring staff adhere to Health & Safety legislation, following Safe Systems of Work and the Permit to Work system
Skills & Qualifications
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A recognised engineering qualification at Level 3 minimum or above
- At least three years' experience of Power Generation from a large Coal/Gas Fired Power Station. Large scale Biomass/EfW/Gasification/Heavy Process (Refinery/Petrochemical) will also be considered
- Knowledge of maintenance and fault finding on different control systems including Siemens, Rockwell and Allen Bradley
- Knowledge of instrumentation equipment including flow, pressure, level and temperature sensors.
- Experience working to a PPM Schedule and entering work logs on a CMMS System
This is a full time permanent role with a competitive salary on offer along with Company Pension and Benefits. This would suit a C&I Technician from a Power Generation site or Heavy Process Plant like Steelworks or Refinery.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor or send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Lead Mechanical Technician - District Heating CHP
Plant Operations Technician - CHP
Operations Engineer - CHP
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25 - £35 per hour + Negotiable.
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits