Lead Buyer - Nuclear
|Job Title:||Lead Buyer - Nuclear|
|Salary:||£35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2017 11:42|
Lead Buyer - Power Industry
We are looking to recruit a Lead / Senior Buyer to join our client based in Colchester, primarily to manage the procurement process for the intake sweater filtration and condensate polishing systems for Hinkley Point C nuclear power station, although you will also contribute to other projects. You will be a key member of a multi-disciplined team to include proposals, engineering, project management, fabrication, contract, finance and QA/QC. You will be confident in leading the process to build, negotiate, and then implement high level complex procurement agreements, while also providing estimation support to the business development and fabrication teams across the business.
- Liaise with project control team to plan and prioritize purchasing activity to deliver a comprehensive RFQ.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items within specification.
- End to end management of approved purchase orders and supporting documentation process, to include client handling and internal administration.
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, highlights potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Maintains accurate records of supplier agreement delivery and reports non conformance appropriately.
- Analyses market and delivery conditions, with consideration for the potential change in time, escalation cost, and currency effects in order to make supplier selection delivery decisions, with a view to consolidate, reduce, and rationalise the local supplier base.
- Evaluate vendor quotations and negotiate and purchase appropriately in order to deliver best possible quality, price, delivery, and service.
You will hold a degree in fields of supply chain, estimation, engineering, or manufacturing. You will also have a minimum of 5 years' experience in procurement and estimation in heavy industry, being knowledgeable in mechanical equipment and metal works, ideally with exposure to the UK power industry. You will be able to read, analyse and interpret complex industry documents, in order to understand technical engineering needs relating to product design and development. Some travel between offices and sites may be required.
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Join a market leading supplier on one of the country's most exciting new construction projects.
- Challenging role with the scope to shape project wide procurement strategy.
How to apply
To apply, hit the button below, or contact Dan Parker on 02392 222 961. Alternatively send a copy of your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Planner - Nuclear
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Senior Mechanical Engineer- Nuclear
Commercial Manager - Nuclear - HPC
Lille, Nord-Pas de Calais
€70000.00 - €80000.00 per annum
Lead Project Planner
East Lothian, Scotland
Inspection & Release Engineer