|Job Title:||Landfill Supervisor|
|Location:||South Ockendon, Essex|
|Salary:||Up to £29000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 15:49|
Up to £29,000 + Benefits
We are currently looking for a Landfill Supervisor to join a global leader in waste management and renewable energy services across the UK. Working as the Landfill Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations involved in the aftercare of closed landfill sites across the Essex area. This will involve managing all on-site staff in daily operations including maintenance schedules, health and safety management, environmental regulations as well as leachate and gas extraction systems.
Working as the Landfill Supervisor, you will be responsible for…
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the closed landfills, supporting all aftercare staff, contractors and third-party customers.
- Manage all routine maintenance operations on-site and monitor the teams effectively for the repair and maintenance of all equipment and plant.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance schedules for site systems, ensuring aftercare standards are kept high.
- Drive and implement the company SHEQ policies, permits and regulations across the sites and ensure best practice is performed at all times.
- Conduct risk assessments, site inspections and accident/incident and near-miss investigations where appropriate.
- Monitor leachate/gas extraction infrastructure and environmental controls as well as providing support to site staff on landfill control issues, environmental monitoring and general site duties.
- Carry out relevant environmental analysis on site activities to ensure the systems of work comply with site permits and environmental legislations.
- Provide out of hours response to incidents in case of emergency and inform management of possible breaches of authorisations or QHSE.
- Other duties as required.
Travel to various sites is required for this position.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have a clear understanding of the landfill process and operation, including environmental monitoring procedures and landfill control system maintenance.
Candidates will also be expected to hold a valid COTC and have demonstrable experience managing a diverse team in a site-based position.
This role focuses on landfill aftercare operations so the ability to undertake environmental monitoring, diagnose and repair faults on landfill systems and have a good understanding of landfill regulations is key.
What's on Offer
This is a brilliant opportunity to join one of UK's leading resource, recycling and waste management companies and offers a salary of up to £29,000 plus a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's