Landfill Manager - Bedfordshire
|Job Title:||Landfill Manager - Bedfordshire|
|Salary:||£33000 - £42000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 17:44|
Up to £42,000 + Car
Our client, a global leader in environmental solutions who provides a comprehensive range of waste management and renewable energy services throughout the UK is looking for a Landfill Manager to join their established team covering both Operational and Closed Landfill sites across the Bedfordshire area. Working as the Landfill Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the landfill sites including health and safety, minimising environmental impact, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the budget requirements.
Working as the Landfill Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Managing the day to day operations of both open and closed landfill sites across the region, going on-site to ensure all operations are in line with company KPI's and SHEQ policies.
- Drive and implement the company SHEQ policy across the sites and ensure best practice is performed at all times.
- Conduct risk assessments, site inspections and accident/incident and near-miss investigations where appropriate.
- Carry out relevant environmental analysis on site activities to ensure the systems of work comply with site permits and environmental legislations.
- Develop environmental control, leachate systems and solutions to optimise extraction, recirculation and maintain compliance, and deal with aftercare of closed landfalls.
- Ensure that operational activities and maintenance are carried out within budget and time constraints and drive to achieve minimum downtime of plant and vehicles.
- Manage the teams effectively for the repair and maintenance of equipment on-site including the sourcing of spares and maintenance programming.
- Liaise with external customers and stakeholders on site activities and ensure all contractors are managed effectively.
- Manage the site P&L
- Drive added value projects on closed landfill sites.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have a clear understanding of the landfill process and operation, including landfill design and construction, waste input, waste degradation leachate production, capture and treatment.
A strong understanding of landfill management systems including infrastructure, environmental control and treatment is considered desirable as well as the ability to manage a number of both open and closed sites at any one time with various contractors/suppliers.
This role focuses on the landfill business and exploring other recycling avenues so the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget Is essential. Operational and environmental management experience with strict regulatory controls would also be preferred.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £42,000
- Company Car
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£4000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Up to £50000.00 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Waste Operations Manager
£30000.00 - £34680.00 per annum