Landfill Gas Manager - Sheffield - Up to £30k plus car
|Job Title:||Landfill Gas Manager - Sheffield - Up to £30k plus car|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Car and pension|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2018 15:06|
Job Title Landfill Gas Manager
Location Sheffield (could consider other locations)
Salary Up to £30k
Our client are the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and as such provide a complete range of collection, treatment and disposal services to both commercial and domestic customers on a nationwide basis. With a growing focus on Recycling and the Circular Economy this is proving to be one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, offering both secure & lengthy careers working with an established and well-regarded employer.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Landfill Gas Manager to join the Landfill team, providing the General Manager support to the help drive the landfill business forward, and in managing landfill gas utilisation and control to active and closed landfill sites.
Your main duties will include
- Support the Aftercare Managers, Landfill Gas Engineers and regional operations teams by coordinating performance to maximise revenue and optimise gas collection for utilisation of landfill gas and other renewable power opportunities
- Provide support on the co-ordination on landfill gas issues for closed and operational landfills to optimise performance to ensure compliance with Permits, legislation and environmental monitoring requirements
- Coordinate commercial activities in relation to the internal and external gas utilisation schemes, including financial forecasting and gas production modelling, gas sales and royalty mechanisms
- Assist with the assessment and reporting of performance using Landfill Gas Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including revenue and wider performance, including compliance in respect of landfill gas emissions and related issues for UK landfills
- Provide technical support for landfill business unit and liaison with the Environment Agency and other regulatory bodies on behalf of the Company
- Effective gathering and interpretation of related environmental and financial data, to assist in managing the landfill gas income and compliance to improve business performance
- Support on landfill gas projects from conception to implementation, and monitor performance
- Gas production modelling to forecast gas management requirements, gas performance criteria for each site
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
To be successful in your application for this role we require candidates to have an excellent knowledge and experience of current landfill gas management and utilisation techniques, including engineering, guidance, compliance, legislation, practice and procedures
You will need to also demonstrate a good commercial and contractual knowledge related to supplier/contractor management, gas sales, and royalty mechanisms
Project management and development experience in the area of landfill gas management and utilisation is also required as is experience of working with the Environment Agency, planning officers and related legislation. In addition, experience of the application of landfill gas compliance issues
Experience of gas production modelling, performance monitoring / forecasting as well as budget formulation, setting and monitoring is also necessary as is experience of working on tender and contract set up.
Your will also be expected to demonstrate excellent technical and commercial industry knowledge, together with exceptional communication skills to communicate and assimilate complex technical data.
Proven experience of developing new and innovative techniques for gas control & utilisation would be considered helpful in this innovative role.
Ideally candidates for this role will be Degree level or equivalent in the field of Environmental Science/Engineering or further related subjects.
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, focusing on their Landfill business. In return they can offer a competitive salary up to £30k, plus a company vehicle. For more information please contact Chris Jones on 02392 288214, emailing your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mobile Plant Fitter - Recycling - Hants - Up to £30k plus van
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + van and overtime
Operations Manager - Waste Management - Berkshire - Up to £48k
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + Car & Bonus
Mobile Plant Mechanic - Basildon - Up to £37K
£32000.00 - £37000.00 per annum
HGV Mechanic / Technician - Cambridge - Up to £35k
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + paid overtime and pension
Production Supervisor - North London - £30K
North London, London
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum