Landfill Aftercare Steward
|Job Title:||Landfill Aftercare Steward|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2017 08:53|
£30,000 - £37,500 plus great benefits package
Our client is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and they are looking for somebody who is experienced in environmental and health & safety regulations within a Landfill environment and looking to take on a new challenge?
Due to their continuing business success and growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Aftercare Steward to join their team in Croydon, working 37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday.
In this position, you will provide full operational supervision to the Aftercare portfolio on a Regional level and manage the safe operation and maintenance of allocated closed sites to include the upkeep of all site documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities will also include (but not be limited to):
- Maximising contribution from the company's Aftercare landfill sites by managing the long-term costs whist ensuring compliance with health, safety and environmental obligations.
- Driving efficiencies and value out of the Aftercare provisions obligation and identify new revenue streams for closed sites.
- Managing and progressing additional Aftercare asset use.
- Assisting in managing the Aftercare of the Company's closed landfill sites in line with regulatory standards whilst controlling cost and optimising against budgets.
- Providing information regarding expenditure in accordance with Financial Procedures and to identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost control.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation that relates to the operation and aftercare of landfill sites
- Good working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety practises and training particularly in risk assessments and safe operating procedures
- Proven management and supervisory skills.
- IOSH Supervising Safely or equivalent Health and Safety qualification
- Full driving license
As the Aftercare Steward, you can expect a salary of £30,000 - £37,500 per annum working for a Company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com
or phone 023 92 222 964
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's