|Job Title:||Laboratory Assistant|
|Salary:||£14 - £18 per annum + Dependant on Ltd or Umbrella|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Appleby|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 16:46|
Laboratory Assistant - Power Generation
£15 - £18 per hour
6 Months (Initially)
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to work in a technology centre for a Large Power Station in Nottingham. Recent graduates with a keen understanding may apply.
Roles & Responsibilities
as a Laboratory Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing samples by acid digestion, water extraction and filtration.
- Be involved in the routine wet chemistry and bench top techniques.
- You will be required to ensure that sampling, analysis and sample results are carried out efficiently and delivered to third parties in a timely fashion.
- Analysis and reporting of Power Station chemical parameters, instigating actions and reporting to the Assistant Chemist.
- Carrying out maintenance of chemical and environmental monitoring equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Fault finding on instrumentation
- Assist in chemistry operations from boiler water chemistry, water treatment plant, flue gas desulfurization and selective catalytic reduction plant
- Carry out routine sampling and analysis in line with company and statutory legislation
- Analysis of chemical and environmental parameters across a variety of Power Station departments
- Assist in the management of EPR, environmental management systems, COSHH systems and Legionella controls on site
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Be able to deal with harmful acids and the safety measures involved in these acids.
- Have a good understanding of COSHH and quality control.
- IOSH and NEBOSH Qualification.
- A degree in an appropriate Chemistry/Science field.
Rate & Contract Length
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- £15 - £18 per hour
- Initial six-month position with chance for extension.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 208 and ask to speak to Ashley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's