|Job Title:||Laboratory Assistant|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2017 10:28|
JOB TITLE Laboratory Assistant
LOCATION Fawley, Southampton
SALARY Competitive salary & great benefits package
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They are looking to recruit a Laboratory Assistant to join their team in Fawley near Southampton.
As the Laboratory Assistant, your role will be to carry out routine Laboratory analysis and associated analytical support to standard methods and protocols.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Health, Safety and Environmental awareness.
- To report all accidents, Incidents and near misses.
- To actively participate in the site continuous improvement program.
- Responsible for routine analysis of waste and compliance samples to standard methods, documenting and reporting results.
- To undertake routine sampling and analysis of process residues, stack gases, effluent, and report the results.
- Preparation and verification of Laboratory analytical standards.
- To ensure that the equipment and reagents for routine analysis are maintained and are verified as required by the method procedures.
- To perform instrument validation and calibration as required and record results
- Analysis of blended wastes and process material.
- Reporting and recording results promptly and accurately to the Laboratory Manager for verification.
- Assist in the calibration of the laboratory instrumentation and keep records.
- Undertake any other duties as described by the Laboratory Manager
Other Essential Skills:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part a team.
- Experience in industrial laboratory
- Experience of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques preferable
Competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, death in service scheme .
If you would like apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's