|Job Title:||Java Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Clarke|
|Job Published:||August 9, 2019|
Java Software Engineer
Salary - Competitive
Our client, a well know food delivery company are looking to expand their Engineering team with a Java Software Engineer who will develop innovative software and systems that power everything from their website to their fully automated warehouse.
As a Java Software Engineer you will be part of the Control Systems team building applications that power the picking and storage systems. You will also support the operations team by overseeing a suite of web apps that keep the warehouse running smoothly.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will be expected to drive technical excellence and set an example for junior members of the team.
- You will be a practitioner of clean code, TDD and agile methodologies.
- You will be responsible for delivering large projects both individually and within the team.
- Participate in technical discussions and influence the direction of department wide projects.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Extensive OO programming experience.
- Solid knowledge of Java, preferably Java 11.
- A firm grasp of computer science fundamentals and the ability to pick up new ideas and knowledge quickly.
- Understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
- Willingness to work across the entire software stack, from provisioning of infrastructure through to software design, development, and support.
- Experience in the full Software Development lifecycle.
- Experience in providing production support and a passion in developing code which does not require support.
- Experience in development tooling and workflows, including automated test/deploy pipelines using tools such as GitLab, docker/Kubernetes deployments, code analysis tools.
What's on offer
- Competitive salary.
- Pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and staff discounts.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.