IT Support Technician
|Job Title:||IT Support Technician|
|Salary:||£12 - £15 per hour + Depending if PAYE or Ltd|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Appleby|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 16:50|
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Contract Length: 3 months (Initially)
Assist the IT Manager in supporting the IT infrastructure and delivering helpdesk support to all users. Develop solutions to routine technical problems and contribute to routine technical tasks. Escalate any unresolved support requests in a timely manner.
- Deliver on site IT helpdesk support for approximately 50 desktop users (approximately 145 PCs / laptops and 26 virtual servers in use) including extended support hours for staff out of the office on business travel.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT network and to the planning and implementation of infrastructure improvements.
- Support for the business software and telecommunications systems.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification of routine network and sub-system issues.
- Administer user accounts for MS office, Sage, SharePoint, All Change and other software tools.
- Assist with software licensing of engineering tools.
- Engage third party support providers where appropriate.
- Monitor systems for stability, availability and performance.
- Monitor security and apply patches and fixes as required.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and MoD regulations.
Applicants should also be educated to A-Level or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
Experience with General administration duties to network infrastructure and troubleshooting IT related issues are essential and experience within a commercial environment would be desirable.
Candidates MUST hold a UK Passport and be comfortable with undergoing checks to receive Security Clearance.
This role has a high possibility to turn permanent after the initial 3 months contract period.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
Electrical Technician x 2 - New Power Station
Newport, Isle of Wight
Up to £35000.00 per annum + benefits
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste
Up to £45900.00 per annum
Electrician - Energy from Waste
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + OT + Benefits