|Job Title:||IT Support Engineer|
|Location:||Southampton, Hampshire, S. E. England, England|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Shinn|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019|
IT Support Engineer
Up to £40,000 + benefits
Permanent, Full Time - Shift work
Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
Our client, a leading systems & solutions provider within the utility & energy markets, currently require an IT Support Engineer / IT Services Engineer / IT Security Engineer to join their team. You'll be responsible for implementing, monitoring & supporting IT infrastructure & services on a shift basis to provide 24/7 cover.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing IT infrastructure & systems support across UK data centres, so you will need to possess a good understanding of IT security & ISO 27001.
- Working as part of an IT support & services team providing 24/7 cover, which may involve working as part of a shift rotation (including nights).
- Database administration.
- Validating the compliance & delivery of services to Information Security Management best practices, GDPR, ISMS policy & other UK law.
- Providing technical expertise & support to customers to ensure continual IT services delivery with minimal disruption.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the UK IT systems & infrastructure.
- Producing reports on IT service delivery against KPIs for the management team.
- Other duties as required.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have proven experience in a similar IT Support / IT Service Engineer role with an understanding of IT security & ISO 27001. You should also hold a relevant qualification (such as degree or apprenticeship) and have knowledge of database administration, servers, IT infrastructure, networks, system management, Microsoft systems, cloud technologies etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a newly formed team in a 'NOC' environment. They're offering a competitive basic salary in the region of £40,000 depending on experience, plus the company benefits package.
If you're interested in this IT Support Engineer role, then please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.