|Job Title:||Instrumentation Technician - Power & Manufacturing|
|Salary:||£40000 - £41167.00 per annum + OT, benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2019|
Controls & Instrumentation Technician - Power Generation
Circa £41,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for Controls & Instrumentation Technician for an established and internationally recognised manufacturing company in Hampshire. As the Controls & Instrumentation Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair on all controls and instrumentation assets on site.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer, as the Controls & Instrumentation Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out maintenance and fault finding on DCS and PLC systems
- Carrying out pre-planned and breakdown maintenance instrumentation assets (pressure, temperature, level & flow)
- Calibrating instrumentation
- Conducting continuous improvement activities and plant modifications
- Carrying out root cause analysis to improve reliability
- Installation and commissioning of equipment when required
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification at HNC/ONC level or equivalent in control/instrumentation engineering or equivalent
- Electrical qualifications are desirable
- At least 4 years of post-apprenticeship experience in C&I maintenance in a heavy process environment such as power generation, chemical plant, paper mill, manufacturing, refinery etc.
- Experience with installation, commissioning and maintaining control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC) and Instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, level)
- A good understanding of health and safety processes and procedures associated with a large power plant / process facility
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary circa £41,000
- Training and progression
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.