|Job Title:||HWRS Supervisor|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2017 17:06|
Site Supervisor (HWRS)
Location - East Sussex
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Site Supervisor to join our clients friendly team based at their site in the South Downs, supervising a number of Household Waste Recycling Sites (HWRS) in East Sussex and Brighton and Hove.
The purpose of the role:
As HWRS Supervisor you will be required to ensure all HWRS comply with permits, planning conditions, the company's QHSE and Business Management System policies and procedures.
- Provide Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) cover at all HWRS. (COTC holder desirable but training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Ensure all HWRS are operated in accordance with Veolia's Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and Business Management System.
- Provide good customer service to all members of the public and deal with any complaints that may arise in coordination with the HWRS Manager.
- Liaise with the Transport office to ensure all HWRS are serviced sufficiently and in accordance with overall requirements.
- Identify HWRS maintenance requirements and site improvements on an ongoing basis and report these to the HWRS Manager.
- Deal with Human Resources issues such as absence management, performance management, and disciplinary investigations.
- Provide cover for the other HWRS Supervisor and the HWRS Manager in their absence
Qualifications, role specific knowledge & skills
- Previous Supervisory work experience
- Experience of supervising multiple sites and managing complex workloads
- Background or experience in the Waste Management Industry
- Certificate of Technical Competence Level 4 TSH or similar (Current COTC holder desirable but training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Health and Safety training and certification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely and First Aid Certificate (Training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Basic computer skills - Email, Microsoft Word / Excel, Google
- Experience of operating sites to comply with ISO accreditations and associated management systems
- Experience of working in a public facing role
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders such as Local Authorities, HSE, & Environment Agency
There is a competitive salary, company van and great benefits package for this excellent opportunity
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 023 92 222 964
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maintenance Supervisor (nights) - Waste Processing - up to £40k
Maintenance Supervisor (days) - Waste Processing - up to £38k
£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Workshop Operations Supervisor - Rochester - Up to £36.5k
£34000.00 - £36500.00 per annum
£34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Engine Technician- Pitsea
£30000 - £35000.00 per annum + Car Fuel Card & Benefits