|Job Title:||HSE Manager|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Chris Smith|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 16:35|
Health Safety & Environment Manager
Astute Technical Recruitment is interested in speaking to Managers with a background in environmental compliance and Health & Safety to work full time for a thriving manufacturing business in the Leeds area.
Requiring a background in production and manufacturing this company has recently invested heavily in their staff and technology and now require an innovate and forward-thinking HSE Manager who can offer a full spread of skills from carrying out accident reporting and record keeping right through to implementing and reviewing the company's HSE strategies.
- Ensure that all personnel are fully aware of HSE policies and procedures. This will include site induction for the business.
- Be aware of new or existing safety legislation, approved codes of practice, guidance notes, and government reports and implement best practice.
- Promote guidance, advice, understanding and compliance across the company with requirements in COSHH, Manual Handling, PPE, DSE, Environmental, Waste Management and Health and Hygiene standards and objectives.
- Implement corporate safety training policy as applicable to the needs and requirements of the business.
- Monitor minor and major modifications to ensure that risk assessments have been undertaken to the required standard.
- Plan and ensure that audits are carried out to establish that the company meets current legislative requirements, and its own HSE targets.
- Plan, assist and participate in safety audits of contractors employed by the company and submit written reports.
- Investigate and report all accidents and near misses.
- Partake in disciplinary investigations for the business that relate to HSE issues.
- Chair and minute regular site HSE meetings.
- Perform induction training for new staff and contractors in HSE related matters.
- Develop and implement ISO14000 compliant Environment Management System.
- Act as the key site person for all activities associated with the permit to operate including data capture and annual reporting of the solvent management plan to Leeds Council.
- IOSH and NEBOSH. Degree qualified in Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislative requirements relating to occupational Health, Safety and Environment
- Health and Safety issues and Codes of practice relevant to the industry including COSHH Regulations.
- A knowledge and understanding of the impact of failure of key systems and processes including loss of containment and threat to the environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Management BRC/ISO would be advantageous as a support role within the business.
In addition to salary the successful Applicant will receive:
- Holiday starting at 23 days and rising to 26 days after years of service.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Healthcare scheme.
To apply for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call for more information on 02393 910 038.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's