HSE Advisor - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||HSE Advisor - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Car + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2018 11:04|
HSE Advisor - Energy from Waste
National Role, England & Scotland travel required
Competitive Salary + Car + Benefits
Our Client is the UK's leader in Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country.
Due to continued growth within their ERF (Energy Recovery Facility) fleet, they are looking to appoint a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor in a National capacity to support the ERF HSE Manager supporting sites from the South West up the East Coast of Scotland.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the National ERF HSE Manager, as HSE Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Manager in implementing the HSE strategy across the company's Energy Recovery Facilities fleet.
- Travel to site to support outages by attending meetings, review contractor performance, carry out on site inspections / audits and check work plans.
- Assist with analysis, inspection and reporting to identify areas of improvement from near misses, hazards and incidents.
- Monitor, identify and implement improvements in HSE monitoring.
- Assist site based HSE Managers, ensuring compliance with Environmental Permit (Emissions monitoring, discharge consent), auditing and documentation.
- Support auditors with PUWER/LOLER/PSSR and other inspections.
- Reviewing all monitoring data collected and provide guidance and corrective actions on problems identified and preparing monitoring reports and submissions to both external and internal bodies in compliance with permits etc.
- Ensuring top quality of the management systems and environmental monitoring are maintained at optimum levels.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Engineering or Health & Safety.
- A NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent
- A strong background in health and safety gained in a heavy process environment such as power station, chemical plant, refinery or waste/waste management facility
- Good knowledge of permitting, licensing and environmental regulations as well as Permit to Work and Safety Rules from a Power Generation site
- Certified to carry out ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 audits, ISO14000 knowledge would be beneficial
- Thorough understanding of waste / EFW industry
Ideally you will be located near one of their existing ERF sites in the North of England however candidates with relevant experience will be considered as this role covers England & Scotland.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive Salary
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Pension and Benefits package
- Opportunity to work for leading Waste Management company
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
DCS Engineer - Energy from Waste
Car + Benefits