HSE Advisor - CCGT Power Station
|Job Title:||HSE Advisor - CCGT Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 15:46|
HSE Advisor - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a HSE Advisor to join the Health, Safety and Environmental Team of one of the UK's most efficient Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station's, located in Devon. This station has a generating capacity of 885MW comprised of two Gas Turbines (Alstom GT26) and one Steam Turbine in a multi-shaft configuration.
Under a new owner, this plant is part of a fleet produced 22GW of Heat & Power across Europe and has four assets in the United Kingdom.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the HSE Manager as the HSE Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- The implementation and promotion of all Occupational HSE policies to ensure continuous improvement in HSE performance in accordance with legislation and best practice.
- Providing key HSE guidance to the staff on site on all aspects of HSE legislation
- Support the development of new processes to ensure a safe system of work and minimise any potential risks to personnel on site.
- Taking lead of the HSE Team during outages, supporting the Principal Contractor and CDM Co-Ordinator to ensure they adhere to their HSE responsibilities.
- Develop the growth of a positive and strong HSE culture on site.
- Oversee the continued certification of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001, along with developing the sites Safety and Environmental Management System
- Maintain and accurately record all licences and permits and ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Prior HSE experience in a Heavy Process environment / similar industry such as Power Station, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Steelworks, Paper Mill, Refinery etc
- Holder of NEBSOH in Occupational Safety & Health and IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Minimum HND in a relevant discipline, ideally qualified to Degree level.
- Membership of relevant HSE / professional body
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Discretionary Bonus
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Electrical Engineer - Power Station
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Power Station
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station
Multi Skilled Technician - Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
Up to £41000.00 per annum + pension, OT