HGV Workshop Vehicle Technician / Fitter
|Job Title:||HGV Workshop Vehicle Technician / Fitter|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2017 15:21|
JOB TITLE Workshop Technician
LOCATION Padworth, Newbury
SALARY Competitive hourly rates and excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician with an LGV / HGV background to join our clients' Workshop Maintenance Team based in Padworth.
Our client is a global leader in environmental solutions, providing a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services designed to build the circular economy and preserve scarce raw materials. This will a be permanent role, to be based in Padworth.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician with a background in LGV / HGV maintenance to join our clients' Fleet Maintenance Team, based in Padworth. Planning and supervising the maintenance of a mixed fleet of vehicles you will be required to undertake diagnosis of vehicles and equipment faults & carry out major component overhaul.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team.
- Duties include repairs to all types of vehicles, plant and any other work to do with the service.
- Required to fill in a daily worksheet / timesheet individual job cards, legal documentation such as safety inspection sheets for vehicle and body equipment and plant maintenance each day.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- Undertake diagnosis of vehicle and equipment faults, major component overhaul.
- To undertake regular safety monitoring of Workshop facilities and equipment.
- Five years' practical experience and apprentice trained as a mechanical technician / fitter.
- Hold a current driving license, preferable an LGV desired but not essential.
- Efficient in the following tasks; Subject to an LGV Driver license qualification; Taking vehicles for M.O.T testing; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics.
- Time served HGV / LGV Mechanic or Motor Mechanic
- LGV Licence
There is an excellent hourly rate and benefits package for the right candidate
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 222 964 & speak to Don Marsh
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's