HGV Mechanic / Technician - Cambridge - Up to £35k
|Job Title:||HGV Mechanic / Technician - Cambridge - Up to £35k|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + paid overtime and pension|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2018 13:01|
JOB TITLE Workshop Mechanic / Technician - LGV
SALARY Up to £35k plus benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician / Fitter with a LGV background to join our client's Fleet Workshop based in Cambridge.
Our client is a global leader in environmental solutions, providing a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK. This will a be permanent role, to be based in Cambridgeshire and offers an excellent salary, overtime paid at time and a half and an industry leading pension.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Mechanic / Technician with a background in HGV / LGV maintenance to join our clients' fleet team. Planning and supervising the maintenance of a mixed fleet of vehicles you will be required to undertake diagnosis of vehicles and equipment faults & carry out major component overhaul.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Conduct routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on a range of vehicles including RCV's Hook & Skip loaders, trailers and vans.
- Schedule the planned servicing and inspection of vehicles and equipment to Company standards and procedures.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards. Demonstrating a real first-hand knowledge of H&S
- To undertake regular safety monitoring of Workshop facilities and equipment.
- Time served HGV Mechanic. Ideally minimum of a level 2 qualification in a vehicle related subject.
- Prior HGV / PSV essential.
- Have a driving licence, ideally HGV 2 (class C+E)
- Skilled in Diagnosis and overhaul of components
- Good standard of administration
- Able to work unsupervised and under your own initiative
What's on offer to you:
In return, this role presents you with a first-class opportunity to join a growing business who are really driven to capitalise on the success they have achieved in the Waste Management and strong reputation for offering a safe and secure career path. To be considered for the role or if you would be interested in learning more feel free to contact Chris Jones on 02392 288214, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's