|Job Title:||HGV Fitter|
|Location:||Waltham Forest, London|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||June 4, 2019|
£40,000 plus benefits
Waltham Forest, London
We are currently seeking to recruit a HGV Fitter / HGV Technician / Vehicle Fitter, to join a leading recycling and waste management business in the UK. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment in a workshop-based role.
What will I be doing?
As a HGV Fitter, you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and repair of a mixed fleet of vehicles
- Planned and reactive maintenance - PPMs, breakdowns, etc.
- Working towards company standards and adhering to health & safety processes
- Supporting "O" Licence holders with mechanical tasks (advance repairs, maintenance and servicing of municipal and related equipment)
- Inspections / servicing / repairs to company vehicles
- Secondary service and maintenance checks on rental fleet or plant
- Root cause analysis and investigations on suppliers and own vehicles
- Keeping documentation accurate and up to date
- Travel between sites and workshop
- Other duties as required
What skills & experience do I need?
- LGV / HGV Fitter experience
- Municipal services / Heavy industries experience
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Heavy Maintenance, Engineering or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
- Working knowledge of O-Licence requirements
- Full UK driving licence - travel to sites may be required
What's in it for me?
The package on offer for this opportunity includes a generous base salary of £40,000 (depending on experience), plus great company benefits including pension, holidays, etc.
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 for a confidential chat.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.