|Job Title:||HGV Fitter|
|Location:||Waltham Forest, London|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2019|
We are currently recruiting for a HGV fitter to join one of the leading International Recycling and Resource Management companies, operating over 200 specialist treatment plants worldwide. They are currently looking for an established HGV Fitter to join their team based at their workshop in Waltham Forest. Working with this team, you are responsible for maintaining and repairing a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment in accordance to company standards.
Working as the HGV technician, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and repairing a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment in accordance to company standards.
- Support "O" Licence holders in the mechanical tasks involving advance repairs, maintenance and servicing of municipal and related equipment.
- Undertake inspections/servicing/repairs to company vehicles as well as carrying out secondary service and maintenance checks on rental fleet or plant.
- Challenge the quality of existing maintenance, ensuring excellent service standards are maintained.
- Review faults and service data to spot trends and use this to advise on corrective and preventative actions to increase uptime and plant reliability.
- Undertake root cause analysis and investigations on suppliers and vehicles.
- Complete all Company documentation related to service/repair reporting.
- Use and operate workshop facilities and equipment safely and in accordance with Company and Legal requirements.
- Communicate maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement correction actions as required.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have experience working in a service or maintenance role with background experience working in LGV/municipal services and operations.
Candidates are expected to be qualified to NVQ level 2 or 3 in heavy maintenance, engineering or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance as well as having a good knowledge of O-Licence requirements including road worthiness and service schedules for both HGV and plant.
Due to the travel required in this role, candidates must hold a Full UK driving licence.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please call Gemma Nixon 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.