Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor
|Job Title:||Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor|
|Salary:||car, pension, childcare|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2018 14:17|
Job Title - Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor
Location - Northampton
Salary - £45k plus excellent package (Dependent on experience)
Our Client is the UK's leader in Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country. They pride themselves in transforming what we as a nation tend to discard into a valuable resource, always maintaining the focus on reducing the carbon footprint and limiting the impact on the environment itself. As such they are looking for a Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor to join their Rochester and surrounding area team.
About the role
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be responsible for providing professional advice to the business on all matters relating to HSSA.
The key responsibilities for the HSSA role will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist the Head of HSSA to plan, produce, implement, monitor and review the organisation's H&S management system.
- Assist with the preparation of Health & Safety strategies and ensuring the management system reflects the stated H & S policy document
- Ensuring that the management system is risk focused and implemented consistently
- Identifying, from findings relating to incidents, near misses, hazards and inspections, where improvements and/or modifications to the management system are required
- Support the business to investigate incidents, including technical advice and guidance to identify root cause and practical actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor, review and recommend system improvements driven by information using leading indicators, leadership skills and core values and competencies
- Ensuring that the functional managers within the business understand their responsibilities for managing the Health & Safety of their teams
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health & Safety legislation, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) documents and any developments that particularly affect the waste industry
The ideal candidate
- Will have a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- NEBOSH National Certificate or equivalent level 3 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Experience in a specialist Health & Safety role advising a business on systems and processes and/or have had a front-line Health & Safety responsibility.
- Full UK driving licence.
What is on offer to you
This opening presents a 1st class opportunity to join a global leader within waste management. The position offers a fantastic package with genuine opportunity for progression and growth. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392222965
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's