Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - New Power Station
|Job Title:||Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - New Power Station|
|Location:||South London, London|
|Salary:||£48000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2017 16:39|
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste
Circa £48,231 + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join a team in a brand-new Energy from Waste Power Station in South London. You will play a lead role in providing safety and environmental awareness across the Power Station ensuring that the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency and complies with safety systems and safe systems of work. This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a highly-desired employer with a company benefits package and a chance to develop an exciting rewarding career.
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Auditing and ensuring compliance with licenses, environmental permits and specific working plans.
- Reviewing all monitoring data collected and provide guidance and corrective actions on problems identified and preparing monitoring reports and submissions to both external and internal bodies in compliance with permits etc.
- Liaising closely with the SHEQ team to ensure best practice and ensuring timely reporting of incidents and accidents in line with the company regulations.
- You will chair regular safety meetings to discuss issues both ways and act to resolve outstanding/ ascending items at the EFW plant
- Responsible for managing appropriate actions to prevent environmental breaches or other environmental incidents.
- Ensuring top quality of the management systems and environmental monitoring are maintained at optimum levels.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager vacancy, candidates should have:
- An ONC/ HNC/ HND/ Degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Environmental Science or similar.
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- A strong background in health and safety gained in a heavy process environment such as power station, chemical plant, refinery or waste/waste management facility
- Good Knowledge of permitting, licensing and environmental regulations.
- Thorough understanding of waste industry including the technical side.
The package on offer for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager role includes:
- Competitive salary of £48,231
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent holidays
- The chance to join the growing Energy from Waste sector at a new build plant
If you are interested in the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager position and want to develop your career within the Power industry, then this is a great opportunity for you. Please see the contact details below should you want to know more information and ask for Olivia Naylor.
T: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Operations Technician - New Power Station
£37500 - £42000 per annum + bonus, pension
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste Plan
Assistant Shift Team Leader - New Power Station
£42000 - £47000 per annum + bonus, pension
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste Power Station
£53000 - £55000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
Shift Team Leader x 5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station