Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste Plan
|Job Title:||Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste Plan|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2018 14:45|
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive salary + benefits
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join a team at a brand-new Energy from Waste Power Station in South London. You will play a lead role in providing safety and environmental awareness across the Power Station ensuring that the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency and complies with safety systems and the environmental permit.
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Auditing and ensuring compliance with licenses, environmental permits and specific working plans.
- Reviewing all monitoring data collected and provide guidance and corrective actions on problems identified and preparing monitoring reports and submissions to both external and internal bodies in compliance with permits etc.
- Liaising closely with the SHEQ team to ensure best practice and ensuring timely reporting of incidents and accidents in line with the company regulations.
- You will chair regular safety meetings to discuss issues both ways and act to resolve outstanding/ ascending items at the EFW plant
- Responsible for managing appropriate actions to prevent environmental breaches or other environmental incidents.
- Knowledge and experience of CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems)
- Ensuring top quality of the management systems and environmental monitoring are maintained at optimum levels.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager vacancy, candidates should have:
- An HND/HNC/ONC e or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Environmental Science or similar.
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- A strong background in health and safety gained in a heavy process environment such as power station, chemical plant, refinery or waste/waste management facility
- A strong knowledge of permitting, licensing and environmental regulations.
- Awareness of the relevant management standards OHSAS18001, ISO18001, ISO14001 and ISO50001
- Thorough understanding of waste / EFW industry
The package on offer for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager role includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Company pension scheme
- A performance related bonus
- Excellent holidays
- The chance to join the growing Energy from Waste sector at a new build plant
If you are interested in the HSE Manager please see the contact details below should you want to know more information and ask for Steve Utton
T: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £42000.00 per annum
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands
Condition Monitoring Engineer - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + Car allowance + bonus
EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Electrical Engineer - Power Station
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension