Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - EFW Power Station
|Job Title:||Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - EFW Power Station|
|Location:||East Lothian, Scotland|
|Salary:||£48000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2018 16:20|
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive salary + benefits
East Lothian, Scotland
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join the team at a new Energy from Waste Power Station in East Lothian, Scotland. You will play a lead role in providing safety and environmental awareness across the Power Station ensuring that the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency and complies with safety systems and safe systems of work.
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Auditing and ensuring compliance with licenses, environmental permits and specific working plans.
- Reviewing all monitoring data collected and provide guidance and corrective actions on problems identified and preparing monitoring reports and submissions to both external and internal bodies in compliance with permits etc.
- Liaising closely with the SHEQ team to ensure best practice and ensuring timely reporting of incidents and accidents in line with the company regulations.
- You will chair regular safety meetings to discuss issues both ways and act to resolve outstanding/ ascending items at the EFW plant
- Responsible for managing appropriate actions to prevent environmental breaches or other environmental incidents.
- Ensuring top quality of the management systems and environmental monitoring are maintained at optimum levels.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager vacancy, candidates should have:
- An HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Environmental Science or similar.
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- A strong background in health and safety gained in a heavy process environment such as power station, chemical plant, refinery or waste/waste management facility
- Good knowledge of permitting, licensing and environmental regulations.
- Experience with CEMS / emissions monitoring and the ability to interpret that data for the purpose of reporting etc
- Thorough understanding of waste / EFW industry
The package on offer for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager role includes:
- Competitive starting salary circa £50,000
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent holidays
- The chance to join the growing Energy from Waste sector at a new build plant
If you are interested in the HSE Manager position please see the contact details below should you want to know more information and ask for Steve Utton.
T: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Power Station
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Operations Technician - Power Station
shift allowance + benefits
Mechanical Technician - Power Station
Lancing, West Sussex
£35000 - £42000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, OT
Electrical Engineer - Power Station
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station