Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£40000 - £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2018 15:38|
Health & Safety Manager - New Energy from Waste
~£40,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. Their newest Energy from Waste site in Edinburgh can process up to 195,000 tonnes of waste per year.
With four plants already in Operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery Operations in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join the team on site, looking after the Health & Safety culture on site, delivering training programs, liaising with third party contractors, carrying out audits, monitoring data and chairing safety meetings.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of SHEQ, as Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Auditing and ensuring compliance with licenses, permits and specific working plans.
- Reviewing all monitoring data collected and provide guidance and corrective actions on problems identified and preparing monitoring reports and submissions to both external and internal bodies in compliance with permits etc.
- Supervision and monitoring of third party contractors on site, including reviewing RAMS and work plans to ensure adherence with site specific safety rules.
- Liaising closely with the SHEQ team to ensure best practice and ensuring timely reporting of incidents and accidents in line with the company regulations.
- Take part in safety meetings to discuss issues both ways and act to resolve outstanding items at the EFW plant
- Ensuring top quality of the management systems and environmental monitoring are maintained at optimum levels.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Engineering or Health & Safety.
- A NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent
- A strong background in health and safety gained in a heavy process environment such as power station, chemical plant, refinery or waste/waste management facility
- Good knowledge of permitting, licensing and environmental regulations as well as Permit to Work and Safety Rules from a Power Generation site
- Thorough understanding of waste / EFW industry
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive starting salary circa £40,000
- Benefits package
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent holidays
- The chance to join the growing Energy from Waste sector at a new build plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car, Bonus & Benefits
Project Manager - Energy from Waste
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £80000.00 per annum + benefits
Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
Project Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Contract Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Plant