Health & Safety Advisor (Nights)
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Advisor (Nights)|
|Contact Name:||Greg Storey|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2018 14:53|
Health & Safety Advisor (Nights)
Location: Leek, Cheddleton
Duration: Initial 3 months
Early May start
We have an opportunity for a very high calibre Health & Safety Advisor (Nights) to join our client on an Energy Facility near Stoke-on-Trent. You will be responsible for reviewing and updating risk assessments e.g. Transport, COSHH, and Workplace, internal Health & Safety Audits, inspections and Safety walks.You will also assist with internal & external audits to ensure that all relevant information is provided whilst ensuring corrective and preventative actions are closed off within the allocated time frames.You will also Assist with accident and incident investigation ensuring NC1 are completed in a timely manner
Skills & knowledge required:
- Experience of OHSAS 18001.
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and manage workflows.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to establish a rapport with all levels of management and safety representatives.
- Able to carry out effective investigations, audits, inspections and compile reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- To carry out audits of safe working procedures
- Assisting managers with risk assessments and SWP's
- Monitoring legislative and policy changes and their impact on our organisation its members and the industry as a whole
- Presenting guidance, drafting news items and providing advice and assistance to the organisation
- Providing a significant daily presence within the factory environment to ensure the workforce have a recognisable point of contact for health & safety concerns.
- Working with external organisations to present an agreed position
- Managing the company iauditor and ensuring prompt response
- Champion the Smart Zone Boards across the site to promote effective feedback
- PC literate with a good level of spreadsheet knowledge.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Ability to understand the key issues in complex situations.
- Be able to show initiative and innovate.
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritize workload and meet targets.
- Strong organisational skills.
- NEBOSH Certificate desirable but not essential as training will be given
Previous logistics experience would be an advantage
If you're interested in this role then contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or on 02392 222 966
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Electrical Engineer
Chichester, West Sussex
Up to £18 per hour
Shift Plant Assistant - CHP
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £15 per hour
EHS Manager - CCGT Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Operations Engineer - CHP
E&I Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Up to £60000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits