|Job Title:||Health & Safety Advisor|
|Location:||Doncaster, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £34000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||February 8, 2019|
Health and Safety Advisor
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
Up to £34,000 + Car
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor to join one of the leading providers of business waste, recycling and waste processing solutions across the UK's waste management sector. Your role as a Health and Safety Advisor will involve working to support on-site managers and supervisors to ensure best health and safety practice is maintained at all times and the company complies with all statutory obligations and legal compliance. Currently looking to strengthen their health and safety team with a Health and Safety Advisor, this client is looking for someone with a proven track record of improving health and safety as well as providing advice, guidance, assistance and support for continual improvement across the company.
Reporting directly to the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring performance against agreed targets and objectives
- Participating and leading in the development of a positive safety culture
- Ensuring all statutory requirements for Health and Safety, Environment and Wellbeing Policies and Procedures are met and implemented.
- Providing operational and functional management with advice on accident prevention, environmental incidents, legal consent and licence obtaining.
- Practical implementation of the company's H&S policies.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents and near misses and implementing training workshops where necessary.
- Undertaking site inspections, writing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements as well as site audits as required.
To be considered for this position candidates are expected to have demonstrable health and safety experience gained within a technical engineering environment.
Alongside this you will have a relevant NEBOSH certificate such as NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health as well as IOSH membership.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must hold a full UK licence and be flexible on travelling extensively day-to-day.
What's on offer
- £34,000 Basic Salary
- Company car/car allowance
- Competitive benefits package
- Career Progression Opportunities
How to apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.