Head of Regional Development
|Job Title:||Head of Regional Development|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||June 23, 2017 16:42|
Head of Regional Development
Up to £65,000 + Benefits Package + Company Car
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Regional Development to join a leading UK waste and resource management company whose core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy operating at over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employs around 2,500 employees.
The purpose of the role:
To fulfil the role of Head of Regional Development in the South you will report to the Regional Director and a member of the Regional Management Team (RMT) and will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Regional Development Strategy, in line with the UK Development Strategy.
You will play a fundamental role in in collaboration with regional and bid teams developing and negotiating new tendered service contracts for municipal collections, treatment and recycling service contracts as defined by the Regional Development Strategy; this will include pre-selection of all tenders.
In addition, you will be responsible for investigating and delivering nontendered opportunities for the company infrastructure development allowing for the continued expansion of operations.
Further, and where necessary, you will also be responsible for supporting Area Managers in developing additional services within or extending the term of existing contracts. You will also liaise closely with the Bid Director, Senior Bid Managers, Area Managers and other support departments such as Estates and Planning, Technical, Legal and Finance.
- Report to the Regional Director and attend monthly regional management team meetings.
- Manage the Regional Development team.
- Work with the Regional Director in the preparation of a 5-year Regional Development Strategy. You will own and deliver the Regional Development Strategy, including the Engagement Plan.
- Coordinate the development, negotiation, agreement and implementation of new services (New Clients) including but not exclusively for the municipal collection, treatment and recycling contracts.
- Prepare and present project development documentation/papers for approval to the Approval Committee.
- Support Area Managers in the preparation of their development plans in accordance with good industry practice to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Establish an industry network of interested groups and liaisons to ensure that the RMT is best placed at all times to maximize its opportunities to develop new business.
- Liaise closely and collaborate with the other Head(s) of Regional Development.
- Where necessary, take the lead role in UK-wide development projects.
- Liaise closely and collaborate with Area Manager and the Bid Team.
- Manage and monitor the Regional development team outputs, establish and maintain procedures for tracking/measuring workload efficiency.
- Promote the Group and UK business at National and Regional level including industry group events, conferences and meetings.
Qualifications, role specific knowledge & skills
- Degree or similar with experience of operating in a senior management role with a proven track record in a profit centre of at least E50m turnover.
- Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to business/project development.
- Considerable and fully evidenced experience in the successful delivery of business/project development programmes, to time, budget and specification; preferably in the waste industry.
There is a competitive salary plus a great benefits package and company car for this excellent opportunity
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 222 964 and speak to Don Marsh who can tell you more
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Development Engineer - South East - Up to £38k
South East England, England
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Senior Process Engineer
West Sussex, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Environmental Science Graduate
West Malling, Kent
Up to £18000 per annum
Technical Assessment Chemist - Hazardous Waste - Wendesbury
Wednesbury, West Midlands
£22000 - £25000 per annum
North London, London
Up to £35000 per annum