Head of Planning and Transport
|Job Title:||Head of Planning and Transport|
|Salary:||£600 - £700 per day|
|Contact Name:||Greg Storey|
|Job Published:||April 01, 2019 10:10|
Head of Planning, Transport and Licencing
12 month contract
London Borough of Brent area
£600-£700 per day
We are currently looking for a vastly experienced Head of Planning, Transport and Licencing, to manage a planning service of around 60 officers, a strategic Transport Service of around 7-10 officers and a Licencing Service of around 10-14 officers. The role involves managing a budget in the region of £3M - £5M, expenditure and Income mainly relating to staffing costs and fee income, and our client is looking for someone to hit the ground running and optimise opportunities to increase income and expand services.
The main job requirements are:
- Wide range of internal and external contacts including directors, senior managers, elected members, professional bodies, partner organisations and government functions involving the use of a wide range of interpersonal skills.
- Partner other local authorities, public sector organisations and agencies, local businesses, the voluntary sector and other stakeholders.
- Developing partnership working with key external stakeholders across the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Management and leadership of a high performance team.
- Lead role in the development of the council's services in this area.
- Operates within a framework set by Corporate and Departmental Management teams but with considerable freedom to shape services.
- Leads on policy and development and ensures implementation of new legislative requirements.
Ensures high professional standards.
Knowledge and Qualifications are:
- RTPI accredited postgraduate degree
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Management qualification (eg Certificate, Diploma or MBA)
- Management training
- Eligible for Membership of RTPI or RICS (Planning & Development)
- Comprehensive understanding of current issues & developments affecting planning, regeneration & local government in London
- Policy: comprehensive understanding of central government & development plan policy issues
- Law: comprehensive understanding of development management & related legislation, including local government legislation
Demonstrate a sound understanding of the national & local political priorities for the service & the organisation as a whole
If you are interested in this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 222 966.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Engineering - Thermal Power Generation
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80000 - £100000.00 per annum + Bonus & Car & Benefits
EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£37000 - £42000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
E&I Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Up to £60000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
Field Service Engineer - Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems
Up to £38000 per annum + car + bonus
Shift Team Leader - Brand new Energy from Waste Power Plant
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + benefits