|Job Title:||Head of Environment - Thermal Power Generation|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||November 7, 2018|
Head of Environment - Thermal Power Generation
Yorkshire & National Travel
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for an Environmental Specialist to join the owner of a number of Combined Cycle Power Plants in the UK as their 'Head of Environment' within the Operations Team.
Working out of their brand new offices based in Leeds, with travel to their sites in Lincolnshire and Devon, you'll be primarily responsible for delivering the Asset Integrity strategy across their UK assets which includes new builds, upgrades and conversions.
The client operates across six countries, with over 20,000 employees focused on Power Generation, Trading and Energy management. Currently owning three assets in the UK with a pipeline of new CCGT and EFW's this is an exciting time to join this international company.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Gas Operations, as the Head of Environment, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all environmental compliance across all operational sites and offices within the UK Group.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the group wide environmental strategy, ensuring the right approach is taken for operational sties, new build developments and decommissioning sites.
- Group wide lead for all environmental permit reporting, applications, technical reporting and documentation.
- Acting as Project Officer within the Joint Environmental Programme
- Liaise with Environment Agency and other regulatory bodies for managing oversights, reporting and meetings
- Manage all monitoring and audits, taking a lead role in interpreting and reporting all data / findings.
- Accurately store and collate all environmental licences, land ownership details, tenancies and wayleaves.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified to a minimum in a HNC / HND / Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous working experience in an environmental / compliance role within the Power sector such as CCGT / Gas / Coal / Thermal / Biomass / Energy from Waste. Similar industries will also be considered such as Steel, Refinery, Petrochemical, COMAH sites
- Previous experience in managing budgets and contracts
- NEBOSH in Diploma in Environmental Management
- Associate Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment of equivalent
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Car / Car Allowance
- Benefits such as pension and private medical
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Closing Date: 20th November
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.