|Job Title:||Head of Engineering - Thermal Power Generation|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£80000 - £100000.00 per annum + Bonus & Car & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 3, 2019|
Head of Engineering - Thermal Power Generation
Yorkshire & National Travel
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join the Central Engineering function of the owner of a number of Combined Cycle Power Plants in the UK. Working out of their brand new offices based in Leeds, with travel to their site in Lincolnshire and Devon, you'll be primarily responsible for implementing and delivering the overall Engineering strategy across their UK assets which includes new builds, upgrades and conversions.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Gas Operations, as the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the Engineering Strategy across the fleet of thermal generation / gas assets, including PSSR compliance, liaising with the relevant departments to ensure strategies align, such as with the Asset Integrity strategy.
- Implementing a reliability strategy to improve efficiency, availability whilst reducing costs of ongoing maintenance activities.
- Overall control of the risk management log, ensuring appropriate mitigation plans are available.
- Overseeing all Engineering compliance, carrying out audits, reviews and liaise across divisions to ensure standards are all consistent.
- Overseeing TSA contracts including the management and negotiation and appropriately allocate resources across the business to ensure a safe and efficient level of support is available.
- Management of the Engineering Reliability Team.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer but other disciplines are welcome to apply with appropriate experience
- At least 10 years' experience working on a Thermal Power Plant / Coal / CCGT or similar Power Generating site
- PSSR, Technical Review, Audit and Compliance knowledge in a management position
- Contract & Budgetary experience would be beneficial
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance related bonus and car allowance
- Benefits such as pension and private medical
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.