Head of Bulk Logistics - Rochester - £70k
|Job Title:||Head of Bulk Logistics - Rochester - £70k|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2018 10:01|
Job Title - Head of Bulk Logistics
Location - Rochester
Salary - £60,000 - £70,000
Our client a leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services is looking for a new Head of Bulk Logistics.
As Head of Bulk Logistics you will be responsible for the defining, implementing and evolving of the Internal and External Bulk Logistics function, capability and performance exceeding agreed Business Plans and KPI's. This role is ideally to be based at Rochester and will require national travel.
As Head of Bulk Logistics you will be responsible for:
- Direct the day to day Logistics function across the business ensuring the planning, customer services and haulier bookings are completed in the most cost efficient and effective manner.
- Ensuring appropriate legislative and commercial controls are in place to achieve the required level of service from the Logistics Primary Fleet
- Ensure all assets all utilised to their maximum potential constantly reviewing and changing both internal and external customer profiles and requirements.
- Direct haulier contract management and 3rd Party Supplier, managing all relationships and risks
- Identify, initiate and deliver change and continuous improvement
- Manage and develop the Logistics team, carrying out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews ensuring team objectives and motivation.
- Provide strong leadership to maximise profit generation and investment return whilst ensuring all statutory, legal and company policies and procedures are met.
As the ideal candidate you will have previously worked within a large plc owned subsidiary with the experience of expectations for standards of customer service, profit generation and continual change. You will have strong experience of logistics including haulage, 3 party suppliers and customer service operations with a high-volume manufacturing environment with a spend exceeding £20M.
You will have experience in logistics commercial management and lead analysis. You will have knowledge of UK and EU legislative (H&S, Environment, Transport) and technological constraints and developments. It is desirable that you have an understanding of modern waste and recycling operations, but People Skills and Management are essential.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Depot Manager - North London - Waste Management
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Compliance Advisor - Kent - Waste Industry
£24 - £25000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£11 - £29000.00 per annum