|Job Title:||Hardware Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019|
Hardware Engineering Manager
I'm looking to speak to a hardware engineering lead with comprehensive full project life cycle delivery experience in electronics manufacturing, ideally with a background in highly regulated sectors such as defence or aerospace.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
This role will require you to take responsibility for managing the delivery of the hardware engineering function, from concept through to production for a bespoke R&D team within a well-established electronics manufacturing business serving a variety of highly regulated sectors globally.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability and past achievements in engineering leadership in a variety of the following areas:
- Producing product requirements specification, in terms of cost, design and timescale, through close contact with existing and future clients
- Leading the creation of electronics schematics, firmware development / integration, PCB design and component selection
- Liaising with the supply chain, software, and manufacturing engineering teams to introduce and integrate new technology where appropriate.
- Creating and executing detailed work and overall project plans, to include resource, cost and schedule considerations.
- Quality management responsibility to industry and client regulatory standards for all hardware and test deliverables
- Designing with respect to required radiated RF / EMC performance alongside the mechanical engineering team
With proven ability in a hardware engineering management capacity you will be a strong leader of highly skilled teams. An innovative and dynamic approach, ideally gained through experience in an R&D setting, will be matched by a confident and engaging client facing manner and extensive commercial acumen.
You will already hold:
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant engineering discipline
- Existing SC clearance, or be eligible to obtain same as a minimum requirement
Knowledge of the following would be a clear advantage:
- Audio and video codecs
- Mobile phone camera technology
- Baseband technology
- 3G, DVB H and USB
What's on offer
The opportunity to take a leading role for an inclusive and dynamic team within an established industry leading employer - you will be joining this business at an exciting period of growth and be involved with varied and exciting projects in a high technology sector.
A solid starting salary and flexible working arrangements alongside excellent development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.